Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Setup

The parts laid out, gonna toss those brushed motors and 8x4 props to the side

After fussing with a number of power setups using Drive Calculator Software, i finally selected a power plant.  I place my order from HobbyKing today.  Here is what is on the way:
 This setup should give me about 3200g thrust, drawing 700W at full throttle.  Pitch velocity was estimated at 64mph.  This should be way more than i need, so i'll probably be flying at less than half throttle most of the time, but it is capable of getting me out of trouble if i run into it.  I probably should have gone with 60amp ESC's, as at WOT this setup should draws 36 amps on each.  I have a watt meter, so i'll do some testing when i get the parts in.  This will be my first twin, first 3-blade prop setup, first bird over 3lbs and 50" ws.

No comments:

Post a Comment